| Records Set
- World Altitude record, Bob Harris, Grob 102, 49,009 ft. msl, 2/17/86
- World Altitude Gain, Std Class, Bob Harris, Grob 102, 39,900 ft., 2/17/86
- US National, Open Class, Straight Distance, Mike Koerner, Kestrel, 902 st mi (to Texas), 4/19/84
- World, Open, 300km Out & Return Speed, Jim/Tom Payne, AS-H 25, 180 mph, 3/3/00
- US National, Std. Class, Speed 100 km Triangle, Jim Payne, Discus A, 146.2 mph, 3/2/96
- US National, 15Mtr, Altitude, Harold Katinszky, Jantar Std 2, 38,000 ft, 3/27/85
- US National, 15Mtr, Altitude Gain, Harold Katinszky, Jantar Std 2, 32,100ft, 3/27/85
- US National, 15M/Open, Single, Speed 100km Triangle, Jim Payne, Discus, 146.2 mph, 3/22/96
- US National, Open/15M, Single, Speed 300 km Triangle, Greg Chaffee, Ventus C/A, 95.2 mph, 8/7/97
- US National, Open Multi, Speed 100 km Triangle, James M. Payne, AS-H 25E,125.29 mph 3/27/98
- US National, Open Multi, 500 km O&R Speed, J/T Payne, AS-H 25, 153.78 mph,3/3/99
- US National Feminine, Open Multi, O&R Distance, Cindy Brickner & S. Schionning, 152.9 st. mi., AS-K 21, 8/17/92
- US National Feminine, Open/15M, Free O&R Distance, Cindy Brickner, 179.4 mi., 6/28/00
- US National Feminine, Open/15M, Free 3 Turn-point Distance, Cindy Brickner, 226.5 st. mi., 6/28/00
- US National Feminine, 15M, Distance Around a Triangle, Cindy Brickner, 186.36 st. mi., 6/28/00
- US National Feminine, 15M, Speed 300km Triangle, Cindy Brickner, 48.7 mph., 6/28/00
- Polish National, O & Return Distance, Marek Malolepszy, Diana, 825 km, 7/5/2007
- Polish National, Free O&R Distance, Marek Malolepszy, Diana, 828 km, 7/5/2007
- CA, Sports Class, O & R Distance, Paul Robinson, HpZ 304, 398 Handcp st. mi., 7/5/2007
- US National Feminine, 15-Meter, Free 3 Turnpoint Distance, Cindy Brickner, AS-W 27, 379.5 st.mi., 5/16/09
| Recent Badge Flights:
Recent Fun Flights, 2009:
- Pete Donath, Diamond Altitude, Single Lennie Pin, 1-26 #309, 28,300 msl, May 2000
- Jeff Smith, Silver Altitude, May 2000
- Ted Enrique, 2 hour flight for Bronze Badge, April 2000, AS-K 21.
- Elias Wagner, Silver Altitude, May 11, 2001, AS-K 21
- Jason Chittenden, Silver Altitude, May 20, 2001, AS-K 21. 3900 msl to 12.3k
- Marc Silverman, Diamond Altitude, June 2, 2001, DG-300
- Mark Navarre, Diamond Distance, June 22, 2001, AS-W 20
- Ben Clerx, Diamond Goal, July 2001, AS-W 28
- Jason Chittenden, B Badge, 30 km triangle, 12,500 msl, July 1, AS-K 21
- Paul Trist, Diamond Distance, Aug. 11, 2001, AS-W 28
- Mike Reagan, Silver Distance, Aug. 11, 2001, Grob 102III
- Matt Halper, Diamond Goal/Gold Distance, July 5, 2007 PIK-20
- Jerry Snedden, Diamond Altitude, AS-W 20, March 21, 2009
- Mike Reid, Diamond Altitude, Libelle, March 21, 2009
- Dan Rihn, Diamond Altitude, AS-W 20, March 29, 2009
- Britton Bluedorn, Diamond Altitude, FL 270, HPZ 304C, May 3, 2009
Submit yours to us for a listing, which can be anything fun or in good sportsmanship
Check our photo page for clicks of these smiles.
- 2/26/09, Satoshi Tateshima, wave dual, highest flight, FL 220
- 2/28/09, Britton Bluedorn, Commercial Pilot Checkride Passed
- 3/08/09, Wes Knick, Commercial Pilot Checkride Passed
- 3/14-21, Ben Barrentine, six of seven days with soaring flights, plenty of wave for Wave Camp, and thermals.
- 3/15/09, Mike Howard, First Solo, Grob 103
- 3/29/09 , Britton Bluedorn, wave flight to 17.8k, HPZ 304C
- 3/29/09, Bob Miller, Gold Climb but the logger wouldn’t download, Grob 103, 17,800 msl.
- 4/23/09, Cindy Brickner, Alby Flight #6, Tehachapi to Cal City, 135 km
- 5/8/09, Christian Mackin, Alby Trophy flight to Furnace Creek, CA, AS-W 27 ‘33’ , Retrieve by Cindy, home by 10am Sat. for students!
- 5/10/09, Satoshi Tateshima, Glider Solo, Grob 103, :45 from 2000’
- 5/16/09, Cindy Brickner, ~610 km in 11W for claimed US record. Landed Rosamond, great crew of five joined dinner at Golden Cantina.
- 5/24/09, Christian Mackin, Grob 103 at Lone Pine took all his daughters for their first sailplane flights. Giggles and grins for all.
- 5/30/09, Troop 2 from Santa Clarita brought 18 Scouts for first flights.
- 6/27/09, Christian Mackin, Christian Mackin, 1188 km OLC zig-zag, ending at Inyokern. Marty was crew and was sent to Lone Pine before the actual landing. Extra lift late in the day meant pursue ultimate OLC points, and Marty drove 300 km to retrieve only a 50km O&R trip. ‘33’ was Number 1 OLC in the world for the day!
- 6/27/09, Whitney Ganz, 5/30/09, DG-303, personal best at 546 km O&R.
- 6/27/09, Matt Halper, PIK-20, personal best, ~400 km.
- 6/29/09, Cindy Brickner, crew accumulated mileage of: Wide Spot 120 km, Lone Pine 300 km, Furnace Creek 600 km, Jean 450 km, El Mirage 200 km, Inyokern 130 km, Lone Pine 300 km = 2100 km YTD Yikes!
- 10/24/09, Milan Petkovic, Discus B, Gold Altitude and 400 km wave cross-country flight.